The CS Press

• Uprooted, the 2018 literary magazine, will be available on Tuesday at Janey's from 4 to 7 p.m.

• The 2018 Yearbook is here. Pick yours up today.

• Graduation is this Thursday at Grand Canyon University.

The Battle of The Fruit and The Green Robot!

Evan Myers, Staff Writer

The biggest battle of the century is about to happen right now. There has been a lot of controversy about which phone is better, an iPhone or an Android. Android and iOS have become more alike in the past few years. For many years, there have been several debates about which smartphone OS is better — Android, or iOS. Even among the writers of Gadgets 360, there are strong opinions about why some choose one over the other. But, fact of the matter is that the two have been closing the gaps in the past few years, with Android becoming more fluid and beautiful, and iOS becoming more flexible and customizable.

Gadgets 360 states that the Android can do all of this…

-Smarter calling and texting

-Backup to Google Photos in the Background

-Run two apps at once

-Record phone calls

-Share your device with others

-Manage files better for easier attachment

There are a few other extra perks to having an Android – “Things like the ability to download torrents, which is near impossible to do on an iPhone. Not to mention launchers, that can radically transform the way your home screens appear.

Lastly, and this is just a pet peeve, for clearing notifications on an iPhone, it’s a two-step action – a swipe and tap on the ‘clear’ button. Just imagine the number of times you have to do this daily. Whereas on Android, clearing notifications is easier, with a simple swiping gesture.These are the highlights of things that Android has that still set it apart from iOS.”

On the other hand iPhone have some worthwhile perks too.

Samsung held the camera phone crown for nearly two years, but Apple has vaulted to the top spot, thanks to the cameras inside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. (The iPhone X will have a dual-lens setup similar to the iPhone 8 Plus’.) The 3D Touch display first introduced with the iPhone 6s and featured in all but one model released since then is smart enough to sense pressure, allowing you to take quick actions from the home screen just by long-pressing on an app icon. The new Portrait Mode on the iPhone 8 Plus can add sophisticated lighting effects with a tap. And the iPhone X can scan your face to log you in, even if you grow a beard and start wearing glasses. Despite all the promises by Android phone makers to streamline their skins, the iPhone remains the easiest phone to use by far. Some may lament the lack of change in the look and feel of iOS over the years, but I consider it a plus that it works pretty much the same as it did way back in 2007. Pick it up, turn it on, touch the app to open. And most of all, the iPhone is much faster.

I think Androids look the best, but iPhones run faster and take better pictures. In conclusion I think the iPhone is the best way to go.